Saturday 29 May 2010

Kneeling

Ok, OW! How do you do it so it is comfortable???? At the moment I can only last for a few minutes and even that is rather wobbly. I have never liked kneeling, I much prefer being cross-legged, I even prefer that to sitting in some chairs. It is a bit of a problem in a skirt but there are rarely things without a downside. I sit cross-legged anywhere I can, I like it when the bus is crowded as then I can sit cross-legged in the luggage rack, I am then the most comfortable person on the bus. I like sitting in small places and on the floor, especially when others are sitting above me but I have never been able to sit comfortably kneeling.

However I have rarely heard of a submissive sitting cross-legged at her dom's feet, only kneeling. When you hear of play parties or clubs, you hear of how some subs kneel at the feet of their Masters or Doms, or stand behind them, even when they are sitting. Well, I can't stand either! Well, I can, but not for very long, too long and I get a backache, old granny that I am, my hips also start to give way. So what am I going to do??!!!

I can practice kneeling but I very much doubt that I will get that much better at it, the standing thing will get better but I will never be able to for that long, my left leg is about an inch and a half shorter than my right and although this doesn't effect me normally, when I am tired it draws up even further and throws my whole body out trying to compensate. I have to be really carful with my left leg and hip, and try to exercise and stretch it every day otherwise it really hurts if I use it.

I guess there will be a way around it when the time comes but I gave myself a bit of a laugh in the mean time imagining mayself trying to kneel for my dom, and being so wobbly that I have to lunge for his leg. This was not so amusing, when I remembered my conformation, I had been mostly ill leading up to it and had none of the lessons, I literaly just turned up and was told to follow whatever the guy in front did. Horrifingly, he knelt down before the bishop, when I tried it took me two gos, smothered giggles from behind me and I nearly fell over trying to get back up again.

I am not gracful, in any sense of the word, I was renowned at school for being able to trip over thin air, and I do. When I am tired I can't walk through a closed or partially open door without walking into it, and I have numerously walked into lamposts, coloums, people, trees and posts. It is a good ice-breaker, but I do manage to get myself hurt more often than not, though it does mean I have learnt to laugh at myself and to laugh first.

i don't really know where this post is going, I would like to be more graceful, to be able to stand properly, to be able to kneel without wobbling and for it not to be painful. I would like to be able to elegantly walk down stairs, to sail through doors and not have lamposts leap out at me. But that is unlikely to happen completly, it does get better the more I do, but if I do have a dom, he is going to have to be one hell of an understanding one and willing to laugh with me, at me.

7 comments:

  1. I do not kneel at my Dom's feet

    Nor do I stand behind him

    or sit at his feet.

    There is a part of ttwd that can be very very ritualized -- but there's no rulebook (unless your Dom is very OCD and decides to write one for you) You can make your own rules -- and show your submission in a way that works for you both.

    I don't kneel -- he's never asked or wanted me to -- it's not part of our thing. I would if I were asked -- but we both know that it would cause me unnecessary pain (and not the good kind -- the kind that says "Hello -- you are causing damage -- please stop"

    You will find your way

    sfp

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sfp Well that is a relief! I know each relationship is different and suited to each person, but sometimes when you are only reading online, a certain pattern emerges - like the kneeling thing, and you start to think it is the norm. I guess it will be much the same as the rest of my life, while most people do one thing, I can't so will have to do something different, sometimes I want to though and get wishful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I meant is that most people think most people do something and yet when they look closer, people do lots of different things, if that makes sense! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will find a way within your abilities. There are many many subs with physical limitations -- and we work through them.

    If you find a Dom who wants you to do things that damage your body -- you have the wrong Dom.

    None of us write about our lives in complete reality -- that would be ookie -- for example -- when was the last time you read a sexy story that included those unpleasant wet slapping noise -- or vaginal flatulance -- or vomiting a little from oral sex

    hardly ever

    or the times that I've been tied in a position that made me start squacking 'yellowyellowyellow' because something was pinched that wasn't meant to be.

    be patient -- and stop all that silly kneeling

    :)

    hugs

    sfp

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol thanks, yes reality! Need to remember it! I will stop kneeling, cross-legged is so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks I had spellchecked it but it seems not to have taken so I have tried again!

    ReplyDelete