Tuesday 24 January 2012

Granny Annexe

I have just had a really good long talk with my father, Mummy is out and I sat down and told him that something needed to be changed. It was great, though it is slightly scary due to the fact that Mummy still needs to be told and also in a way that makes it seem her idea! Daddy is going to talk to a family friend and see if they have a granny annexe or know someone that does and see if they want to rent it. This means that I will be able to move out, but still be close to someone who can check on me, it will hopefully be one level and small and compact so use less energy and be manageable even when I am ill and also close by so Mummy doesn't feel alienated.

It is such a relief that he is doing something, we have talked about it before but it hasn't come to anything but this time I think he gets how much I need it and why I need it to happen now. I need to do it while I am fired up and energised before I am ground down again and too tired to stand against it all. Of course this means I need to start making serious inroads into finishing sorting out my room and also appearing to be good while not actually over doing it. This is a fine balance and one I have got wrong before but I hope that I manage to do maintain this at least until I am out.

A years trial, and a promise not to whisk me home the minute I am ill. There are difficulties but these are ones everyone needs to work out. I just pray I can do this while still not completely upsetting Mummy. Daddy says if it doesn't work and I ever feel completely down again that I should ring my godfather who would apparently whisk me away! Although that would mean a complete break with my mother it is nice to know that there is a final option other than the one I seem to have fixated on and it is much nicer in the long term!

I don't know if I would have the courage to split from Mummy but I sure hope so and if not right now, then with later after work with the counsellor but cross fingers that doesn't have to happen.

I really really hope she goes for this annexe idea. I am amazed with my father, it always comes down badly on him lately, she takes everything out on him but he is standing up for me on this. Kudos to him.

Out before the end of May - PLEASE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment